Wednesday, January 28, 2015

break the mold

I require plenty of space
you can see clearly on my face

when I feel crowded or too controlled
I will continue to break the mold
there are parts of me you will never hold

there are moments when these thoughts erase

I stand up awkwardly as my fingers lace
through my hair weaving frustration
through strands of resentment
there are parts of me you will never see
these are parts that will always be free

I value my freedom too much to want to take away
anyone else's

so I work on freeing others
from themselves first
but
only
if
they
want
my
help

I require lots of room
let us not expect too much too soon
we need lots of space
to let flowers bloom
and all of a sudden
standing over me you loom

blocking my precious sunlight
I step away to avoid a fight

since I require space
it is only fair to give you
some of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment