Monday, January 5, 2015

glow from below- part 2

trading in her worldly face
she moves closer
to hear the revelations from the human race
dressed in words like eulogies
she retains heat in the common freeze
kindred spirits appear
but she knows she must wait until the coast
is truly clear
the patterns of forgotten kinds of speech
beg her to get spoken, and heard
and nobody seems to be there
when the imprisoning windows get broken
first second third
time she says-- oh yes of course
(eagerly)- I really should give myself
deadlines, like everyone else
--I need deadlines right?
even though these arbitrary rules define
your sight
define what you see
glowing next to me
define what you know
when to clench, when to let go
define how you preach
the very essence of what you teach---

she could stare holes into the computer screen
with the storms as her teacher,
if you know what I mean
with urgent messages encrypted
into the names of people I knew
who had wings to get them through
they told me who among my crew
was an "angel" as though I already knew
they said "you will see" so cryptically
they told these open blossoming secrets to me
all around me changing fast
all around me transforming the past

No comments:

Post a Comment