Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Where are you from? Debut poem

This was my Debut, at Café International. Lower Haight.

shout out to Denenka, so sorry if I misspelled that, it has literally been over a decade!! Stay strong!

Where does the poetry come from?

Reside originate
begin in my body
not necessarily my head or heart
probably my fingers or lower back
sometimes people see it pouring from me
in form of life or light or energy
that is why they draw near to me
Poetry has ancestral origins

ancient as blood
as rivers of truth
running red and deep through our veins
poetry has a pulse
it is a living breathing entity

which allows me to be a vessel for its power

it is the way for the ancestors to speak to all of us
listen carefully
for the whispers
their laughter

their warnings

No comments:

Post a Comment