Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New to you

I want to reach for you but
you are not here
with me you are somewhere out there
while I have swung my attention around
to face this page
under the light
near my music on my bed
and I wonder was it something I said?
was it something I did?
was it all that bad
I was becoming
somebody
I did not want to be
you sea
and I wonder if I will have a chance
to let you in
close to the place you were just beginning
to find
I can feel you right now
in a silent moment
under the sky
with a fixed stare
and a cigarette in your hand
all of a sudden I wonder if anyone has ever been
as bad as me whatever bad may be
and I know

this is new to you

so please do not think we can overcome
inevitable discomforts
and plot twists
because our story is being written as we move through our days
as we move through
our days
move into the next moon phase
believe in me and trust the beauty you have experienced so far
find the keys
figure out what they are for
as for all the beauty, just know

there will be so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment