Friday, January 16, 2015

bones ache for you -- from 2001

laughter and desire mingle together
leave my skin humming
my bones ache for you
fingers pound the table drumming
waiting for a chance to release
this energy it seems
will never cease
he used to speak of innermost thoughts
without a clue what was in my heart
or perhaps even in his
I haven't time enough to write of all the men\
who posed as something they would never be
dared turn their faces toward me
reeking of dishonesty

yet my faith is resilient
my hope is renewed
open your eyes to see
you walk in beauty
everyday you are present\
for the unfolding of dawn
the peaceful closure of twilight
into the blackness of night
while my bones still ache for you
its true
my faith and hope are strong
inspiring song after song
helping patience along

No comments:

Post a Comment