Wednesday, January 28, 2015

i am the grandmother of beginnings

the sister of reluctant endings
I can be reduced to snowflake ashes
to the foot prints on your eyelashes


I am the essence of constant change
and will rearrange
all you ever tried to believe
give you room to grieve

I cupped sand in my palms
gazed at the ocean
grasped roots between toes
digging feet into earth
fertilized
a whole new angel

with a wicked tongue

I unleash silver pellets of truth
and I don't mean to brag
I am a very young hag
in the sweetest sense of the word
there is
I am newborn
a whole new wand, reflection in the pond
of your life
the ripples, the strife
the sacred knife which severs
all you wanted and tried to believe

I will give you room to grieve

space to breathe
to move in

move into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment