Tuesday, March 11, 2014

permanent record


what if there is a freedom
misunderstood
a waterfall creeping back up the mountainside
a link to something forgotten
unidentified archetype
question ever present
what is the purpose of all of these
or any challenges 
if not to get stronger
if not to learn
faith is no longer a question
it is an answer
changing and developing
the dream always has the ability to shift
depending on the dreamer
depending on courage
depending on vision
and there is no such thing as a permanent record
a scare tactic
a threat, a fabrication
just like we made up money
we made up poverty so we have become
prisoners by our own hands
by our own dreams
all that exists in this control obsessed dream of reality
is temporary
we dissolve
and when we dissolve
the dream shifts over
and even what remains eventually dissolves
until the energy for a  new dream manifests
 and I have dreamed you into being
until you look at me
broken shattered from the gaze
then you are real again
human and flawed
beautiful and no less tempting
I love the contrast of your talents
against the background of sad songs
I love the transparent touch
that tells me what cannot be spoken
I love the momentary ecstatic breakthrough
when you see me
and almost slip
you almost slipped                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment