Tuesday, March 4, 2014

the subject of you

in this decidedly un academic pursuit
we ravage and loot
the dire strait of our collective mind
complaining to the sky
channels of distorted thought pour into hollow words
that stream from our lips attach to my hips
there seems to be no point to you
nothing more to do with you to say to you
the night begs for attention but the moon is false
chains of preoccupation outlast chains of solitude
yes I will
find some mates to relieve the pressure of a tightrope mind
destined to be forgotten
momentarily and then remembered into greatness
and perpetually so
frustrated that formulas dictate action
not giving credit where credit is due
becomes a daily crime
and this body language never shuts up
love for the human race fails to make it into everyday speech
cautious no more with word to the page
listless denial questionable rage
how perfect, these moments
how lucky I am to have everything
knowing everything has me
and there she is
her preoccupation with misguided perceptions
of herself are adorable
watching her as trees must as birds do
in the sense that I am an outsider
to her inner experience
remaining asexually aligned with the spirit of no name
the muse in her forces me to speak
when I have drained language of original meaning
and I see the abuse of life starts with
complaining about nothing
while the rain fell in sheets
tears had not fallen in weeks
I gaze at you
with your mess staring me in the face
I can smile while u walk away
I hate how it must end for now
all caught up in maybe
maybe you could fabricate us a future
design construct and produce
a possibility of us together
only this time you could understand
the perfection presently that had potential to
expand exponentially
yet you couldn't didn't wouldn't
so
I am broken anxious alive
resolved to smile as you walk away
sandpaper memories
create landfill for future thought
this day is unlike any other
putting words in poetry code
I unleash a smile on you
taken aback you laugh
the story is written ever so slightly
every time our eyes meet
I want to read it
I want to meet it
silenced melancholy pours from my hair
dripping from neglect
I could teach advanced classes on the subject of you
and your energy is projected in a million dangerous rainbows
going every which way
fact fantasy fiction
non fiction in your diction
be merciful, if only to me
until Jupiter can save us from the mess of our own theories
predictions ring with truth from my peers
and I have been holding back for years
If only I could quantify sincerity and measure it into small doses
then I might not be here
craving a new language
with no patience to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment