Monday, March 3, 2014

landing somewhere

1.

I feel your tightrope breath
pressed against my heart

and I fell for you first
but you let me fall
with intentions of seeing me land
somewhere soft and safe
where nothing would burn or chafe

and now once again
I feel your tightrope breath
pressed against my heart
asking to hear my voice giving me
very little choice

2.

she woke up one day
one with the creator
broke as ever
but no longer stuck in paralyzed fear
broke but in balance
broke but in step
broke but breaking even
broke but getting fixed
not fixed up
but one with the creator
she had taken for granted
taken for a ride
buried inside
she woke one day
to find that new shirt fit her
like a glove
like the essence of love
like a damn near perfect hug
and new blessings spill from her lips
that had been pressed together
contemplating the merging of this spirit whose infinite reach
had started at her toes
worked its way to her nose
until she could smell freedom
and it was sweeter than ever
because fiction laced reality
had been holding her hand
until 20 seconds and 3 lifetimes later
it was finally time to land

No comments:

Post a Comment