Saturday, September 5, 2015

what we do- from 2005

this inexplicably
begs to be seen and known
clamors to be known by more than me

that for a mere nothing you stare back at me
like a loving innocent child

that for reasons I cannot name
I love you

being in love, the repetition of days on our skin
you leaking from my gorgeous dreams

you are better in a fantasy I admit
you can be harsh and then you calculate gentle
somewhere

is there a place where we end
or we are such rivers
each given to a necessary flowing

crashing against shores is what we do, is part of us
that you have precise beauty
even as I stand alone

without you, stardust across my cheeks
wanting you
wanting those moments to return
I lose my voice as we crash into waves
of unfolding

this internal river
the one that speaks
when we die too much
live too much
breathe and keep going

always rivers we become
because there is no place we end
the mouth of the river
and the endless timeless
truth of it all

the fire is not so
is not the same, it takes what can burn

so we are just this
tears, water from your past

making a present that is not
quite
bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment