Wednesday, September 23, 2015

in each moment 1 and 2

1.
we keep irregular hours so will you

throw that blanket on me
sleep will come as daybreaks
some rather older type emotion shakes
shivers from my spine

you tell me
everything will be fine
I tell you
Don't listen to the words after wine
wine hits and misses
does not replace hugs and kisses

skipped the chapters
like forever after
to be more and more in each moment
become a decent and modest owner
of this sacred life I lead
nobody in the front or
back of the line knows how we plant a seed
until fingers in the ground
dirt damp solid lost and found

we will not all be gardeners
we will partake of abundance
we have green thumbs
and useless ones

and damn if I could remember
each longing from December
without the winter chill
we wonder what will remind us
of true seasons

when on the spirit of earth
we committed treason
mother take us home
grandmothers grandfathers
ascended ancestors we need you now
here and now
we need you now

2.
As I write I learn
thoughts aching to burn
have always turned here
to this place inside
and nobody feels it
the way you do
the way I do
all specific to you

please let kind words flow from me
please let the wind know and the earth too
please let the fire see all that I knew

I am done with words but they are not done with me
they want so badly to pour in a formation that
all can see
put together so many pieces of me
to get us where we can
really be free
lets get us so we can really get free

No comments:

Post a Comment