Monday, September 21, 2015

Orchid and Gray- Play (2 scenes)

Dark Orchid and Light Slate Gray

Melodrama and Part Prose

Scene 1: Big field, multi colored roses


Orchid: In the cool of the darkest evening
I spent my collection of stars
desperate for answers
I threw into the black pool of night water
a million tiny questions
only to find that nothing
could come to me, that was not already destined
to come to me.
 
Gray: But you change your mind several times a day, you used to love
the law of attraction concept. How will you receive what you
say you want if your heart and mind keep moving, how will
anything you say you want stick to such a quickly moving
target?
 
Orchid: So, you think this is just a complaint, Oh how sorry I am.
You always say you're not the complaint department
and what have I done, have I crossed a line
drawn in the wet sand, the dry sand blowing away our intentions
leaving us with only the moment?
well, take your moments with you I guess, since I am only
announcing loud brash noises into your temple.
 
Gray: You jump to conclusions to quickly. I was never implying I cannot hear you
only that the poetic power of your thoughts and desires be the ones that truly lead you
not anyone or anything you may choose to replace or destroy the originality of your
quest and the place you could land if you wished.


Scene 2: Back porch of a country side home.

Gray: As we sit, I am more and more aware that our feelings have only deepened. I still
cannot call you my love, say I love you after all these years. I still cannot hold a candle
 to the beauty when what calls me to speak about is the pain. Why do I convert good
memories to silt, to the soil below and then cover myself in all that we did wrong?

Orchid: No, no, really you weave in whatever flies into your fancy mind and become
your own enemy, just as you warn me not to become mine. Are we too similar?
Or as some suggest, are we from different planets? I assimilate to your moods
and am rewarded most often with indifference.

Gray: So that is how you see this, so that is how you feel. I know what I must do.
(Character stands, turns to face away from other person, takes a few steps toward the edge
of the porch )

(Scene Finished)

Scene 3.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment