Saturday, September 5, 2015

1. Time and 2. Blazing

we are running out of time

by running away from time
running faster than time

we need to slow down
catch up to ourselves

a soul sick people
lunging at each other
grabbing at the air
boasting handfuls of nothing

locked apart into boxes of race and gender
false symbols surround us
staring through blank empty eyes

from so many news outlets, media darlings

who still rages against
the sorriest excuse for a culture
we built the systems that work against us
we can tear them down

we built institutions that imprison us
we will tear them down

my spirit will not rest
until we awaken
trace the lines of your face
know your ancestors are with you
in every place

we have to slow down
heal what has been broken
listen for what has yet to be spoken

"blazing"

He seems to have stolen
genuine pieces of my emotion
with his eyes
for some kind of private stash

he stole it but equally I gave it
his brokenness more apparent with each
self revealing story
and intensity
that could burn holes into a person
blazing from his gaze

why always these wounded ones
I want to take into my flesh
as if that is the answer

to the silent screaming questions
he pounds the floor with his fist now
asking and yet unaware
how his kiss
is filled with past addictions
tangible to me

I call on all my strength in reserve
just in case
because who knows? I might need it
He does not even want
the sweet sincerity exuding from me accidentally
and it sounds all melancholy but it is truth

pouring into a river unto itself
deep beneath the currents of
surface conversation breaths
breathing seething
what else can I do?
making all these sounds and moves not connected
to anything
trying what feels old and too familiar to me
like melancholy

No comments:

Post a Comment