Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2001 flashback - "tell me how"

this time my scar tissue
better not be an issue
right now I desperately miss you

but my freedom is a necessity
and my arms will wait
this is so clearly fate
I never knew how it could be
I once was blind or at least lost
this will be worth it whatever the cost

I can feel that dangerous place
but I have grown to fill that empty space
just because the past didn't go anywhere
does not mean I am content to dwell there
I feel something ancient glowing from your skin
and that vibrant radiant spirit within

to not love is to not live
and I have seen too many people
walking dead inside their flesh
along that thick surface of pretend
tell me how you have managed to transcend

while so many gracelessly stomp across the surface of pretend
please
tell me
how you have managed
to transcend



No comments:

Post a Comment