Thursday, October 2, 2014

waves. 3 parts

part 1

take my lips and my hips
the essence of what about me is womanly
and yes that is worldly
tell me how I have fallen
for whom for what and why
then I will show you I can fly
yes tease you with visions of wings
so real it actually stings
take my fingers
drumming away on surfaces
on the poison that lingers
ask me for a mundane thought
before it would seem all that would be worthwhile
could be sold and bought
teach me of your capitalist agenda
only to find I am not much of a spenda
and you are wasting your time
with such game
so truly and utterly lame

part 2

I take two fingers
press them gentle and firm
on your soft lips
I whisper Shhhhhhhhhhh
our gazes locked
you can smell a trace of that nights perfume
and oddly it settles you into a moment of patience
In yoga asanas. especially warrior
I think "soften your gaze"
and when I do, my body is relieved
you have softened your gaze too
I smile and breathe deeply

part 3

she considers all the matter
that supposedly matters
the clutter and pieces of objects
that make up bigger objects
which represent status
in a personal or professional space
what in all of this must she face?
dreaming of rivers
she presses her eyelids shut
all these items pass away
they have shape and form until they become stardust glitter
and fade into the rushing waters of transient waves
They move toward this ocean
just as at one point soon
she will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment