Monday, September 22, 2014

strange and studied- from July 2014


"You scared of love, what's that? Tell me why?
How silly am I, how silly I am, you're not an angel, you're just a man.
If it hurts so bad to love me, tell me why you stay?"

                                                    --Mystic
                                                       (Oakland, CA based performer/lyricist)

peace
postures
into yoga places
inside
but this routine is haphazard
I create reality with each line
I feel strange and studied and I think I liked it at first
but maybe it is a love prison
and if I had not ever known what that was like
I might not wrestle with myself because
I know now what it is to feel love flowing back to me
in that way and though certain feelings are so fleeting
some flare up consistently

peace of mind. fleeting.

my love is growing
increasing expanding
how else can I explain that?
knowing your truth is in its own
verification process
right
now



No comments:

Post a Comment