Friday, July 26, 2013

we are so much water

you are so much water
and this could go one of several ways
you could flow directly into me
attempting to quench the thirst you have noticed arising in me
you could be subtle mist
surrounding me when i am needing to be cloaked
you could ask me to be still enough long enough
to absorb you and know then, what it is to be merged with you
and I am so much water
this could go one of several ways
i could rush quickly
draining myself of myself until
you had your fill
and i was extinguished, knowing the impermanence of
this body of water
i could fill the space with loud splashing droplets
to drown out any other sounds
make them less important
we are so much water
the force of this element
driving each interaction
promising satisfaction
eliminating distraction

No comments:

Post a Comment