Wednesday, July 10, 2013

driven to light (from around 2001)

pieces of you
are my thoughts
prayers mingle with love
intent guided by spirit
and ocean sized tears
but the pain is fleeting
sadness dissipates
into comprehension of other emotion
into compassion
and pieces of your world stay with me
like moths on the glass against the light,
insects driven to light
always in motion always in flight
striving to make sense of the dense mass of this night
closing in around my heart blocking my sight
life breathes new rhythms
pounding out my soul
and the blues leak from my pores
life drumming a pulse never to be feared
i grab the air drink in the salt smell of ocean
ocean sized tears down my cheeks but i am drunk on laughter
you are always in my psyche
humming a distant melody

No comments:

Post a Comment