Monday, December 15, 2014

not really secrets- 2003 and other dates

You looked for me but could not see
I was hiding inside poems invisibly
protecting vulnerability

it was after the fact
I felt your arms and wings
around me
it was there you found me
in poetry invisibility
darkness helps you see
the mystery

my beauty is slipping away
strangling me and eluding you
I have sorted out some feelings from your moods
I am finally clear whose pain is whose
I am in awe of your courage
and surprised at how soft you are
present, glowing, real

then my beauty slips back inside
so I feel less need to hide
please accept silent apologies
for all mistakes, past and future
I have made or will make
know we will have chances to
eliminate unnecessary suffering
but do not take it from me
go find out for yourself

we could talk politics
we could talk race and religion
gender and bigotry
we could talk until our breath runs out
but I would rather just be
I would rather let you see
what I see
reflect back to you your own divinity

Original beauty
let your masks crumble, one by one
allow my walls to dissolve
exposed and raw like the heart of a flower
you might reveal a gentle power
into my patient gaze
I have been waiting for days
our bridge to freedom
not yet discovered
I reach for you like a sleepy child in a trance
long for you to join this kind of dance

Never wanted to frighten you away
that is why I was waiting
but I know secrets I am dying to tell
And they are not really secrets
just forgotten truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment