Thursday, April 17, 2014

slip through my fingers


"According to the DSM, human life is a form of mental illness."

holding many truths at once
all of a sudden
the faith I was developing
is called into question
I am standing in the shadows
until light pours in from the sky
visibility and obscured views
this pattern repeats
grasping at truths
trying to hold just one of them
while hundreds slip through my fingers
resisting dogma yet craving answers
this shadow is comfortable
but light reveals my surroundings
exposing the craving for consistency
wanting to be free from need
 is in itself a desire
dreams and truth wrap around your mind
so tightly you forget other possibilities
and what I experience
in equilibrium
one foot in truth shadow
the other in light
mind is an illusion
heart longing for spirit
to take me home

No comments:

Post a Comment