Thursday, August 20, 2026

even when I am the only one

I have more than 

questions now

I have aches and longing

and laughter that changes the whole room

even when I am the only one in it

I have more than questions

I have timid answers that want to be humble

that do not want to ruffle feathers 

but do want to burn down 

the structures of oppression and systemic violence

and allow the collective phoenix to rise

and that is not polite

let us allow real authenticity to lead us

you do not need to be angry to be authentic

but being angry can be authentic and cathartic and real

I have more than questions

for all of us

for each and everyone

for myself and 

my family

for the strangers and the 

closest to me

and the questions hit the wall with force

then slide down to the floor

are they useless?

No, beyond the questions is hope

there is faith

there is a belief in healing and improvement

there are dense green forest mountainsides

blue rivers in deep valleys, rainbow light 

in the mist

of waterfalls crashing

into pools below

and invisible signs that are screaming

Do not extract, do not exploit!!

but I am not sure who else

hears the screams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment