Thursday, August 31, 2017

It is both



I would never say
He took my breath away
No
He made it easier to breathe
I would never say he stole my heart
No
All that he has had or still has of mine 
I freely gave
I would never say I fell for him
No
He's too careful with me and would catch me or warn me each time,
Yes protecting each other comes naturally with a love that endures, stretches out blissfully
and each expression lands gently beside the most recent one
I would never say love is the totality
Or the sum of all our parts
No
It is both a language and a certain 
Quality of silence that make more sense than anything we have ever mumbled
Or screamed till our throats hurt
Or whispered to deny we ever said it
Yes
The aspect we are willing and able to face
Hesitant to erase
Oh the face of you 
The space between our toes and fingers
The presence
That lingers

No comments:

Post a Comment