Saturday, March 7, 2015

forgive, for your own sake, what happens after will only help matters

Been thinking about forgiveness. there are so many ways to say this and many have said it many ways, but I practice forgiveness deeply, profoundly and consistently because I have learned, the alternatives to this practice are often more uncomfortable, painful, toxic, maddening, than the original circumstance that asks for me to forgive. the internal, often private act of me doing this is not done to release the person or group that caused the offense, I do it at my own pace, for that is the only way to be thorough and sincere. If it is not sincere, it will continue to haunt you. The person or who ever it is you are forgiving may never consciously know you have forgiven them, they may not even know they caused a reaction in you that prompted you to want to forgive. But if you do practice this type of release from within you, you will find, as I am finding, on the energetic level it is a beautiful way to be finished with that pain, that part of your life. You put it behind you, in a very real way and find that your burden has lifted and from that place, you begin to grow exponentially, spiritually and with more happiness than you could have known was coming to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment