Thursday, February 26, 2015

Letter from my Father- 2005

Thank you for your letter and all the things you said and asked for. I will do my best always
to help you with your goals of school and independence as well as food and shelter.

I have really enjoyed you staying in the house. It has been fun for me to do things with you.
I look forward to spending time with you in that Northern County and possibly living part time there at some point. I do talk to others about myself and my aspirations. If there is anytime you feel I say too much, just tell me. I won't be offended. And later, if there is any situation where you could use my help, call and I will come, as soon as I get a cell phone.

If you want to write more, please do.

Love, Dad
---------------------------------------------------------

This was written 10 years ago, it is currently 2015, an incredible, unthinkable decade has passed. What has changed, improved? What has remained the same, stagnant? What has ceased to exist?

I include this beautiful, sincere letter because during the past 10 years I had a tendency to forget
how strong my appreciation was for my father, and our dynamic has improved greatly, we are much more open with each other and the trust needed between us is much more solid.

On this blog I talk about the Reversal of the Self Sabotage, I give an explanation for how I came up with the idea for it and then later on I outline the Revisiting of the Reversal of Self Sabotage, I encourage you if you have just gotten in touch with my work to read both here on my blog, there is a way to search for each on Tara's Tongue.

I encourage this because one, main, original intention of keeping Tara's Tongue going, was because I offered up the notion to my readers that the mother tongue of our species is inherently a compassionate one, and that by devoting this writing to that idea, I have provided a service to people who have heard English or other languages and dialects only in contexts that they resent, dislike or feel uncomfortable with.

I wrote the Reversal and the Revisiting because they are relevant to these times we live in. We need practical solutions to everyday problems.

If they make sense to you, good. If you wish to pass them on, go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment