Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hello, my changing shifting planet.


I am updating today with a growing sense of optimism and confidence in my leadership abilities. I talked to two gentlemen in suits who practice their faith, so far, down the street from mine.

I am happy to talk to so many different people, I have always been an Interfaith type, always excited by a good conversation, or song- versation as the album that may or may not be out there was called by one of the singers you all know as India Arie had in mind to make.

What does the platform of publicity give a singer? First, it gives them access to the ears of many thousands or millions of pairs of ears and eyes, taking in the symbols and the messages both subliminal and intentional, that people who constructed the image of the singer have put out there.

What has been shifting for me, as a songwriter, lately is my ability to hold my tongue when it comes to my personal experiences and therefore interpretations of people in the public eye. In fact, I am not hostile toward the messages or music of many who have garnered a huge amount of attention.

What I have been breaking down are the intentions of the individuals who are quick to work extra hard to remain in the spotlight. Is it wrong or right? To be the center of attention, you will receive acclaim if you have charisma, beauty, something important to say, but of course the flip side of that exciting place to hold, is social crucifixion. Social suicide, or worse, character assassination.

Who has this happened to besides JFK, MLK Jr., Malcolm X ? Many others in past similar situations  go unheard of, simply because our mainstream history books lie to us. If we were educated from the start to believe in and model our lives after those who gave their lives for many of the freedoms we enjoy today, would we be so morally and spiritually dead and bankrupt? OF course not. We would have so many more choices in our lives, we would be literally a happier, more thriving species.

Many could develop a narrative, in an effort to discredit me. Oh trust me, I have been through a whole lot of story lines that attack my character. People have skipped to my deviant behavior  and unpopular opinions but I am quickly almost like lightening aligning myself with the people and circumstances that will give me everything I need to do what I came here to do.

If this is the first of my writing you have ever come across, I urge you, after you finish reading to sit alone for few minutes.

Clear your mind. Listen to your breath. Breathe deeply and close your eyes. Once you have started to feel the rhythm of your breath, invite the word calm into your out breath. Breathe in the word AIR and on the out breath, go ahead and say calm. Or say, I release you.

This is an intro. for some and old school knowledge for others. I will update here or on Facebook, my community organization template is on a page called "Imaya's modalities"

check around for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment