Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Purposes

It doesn't always start with a big revelation. It may not start with someone else's words. It can be subtle, it can move in slowly toward your heart, your solar plexus. And yes, generally it builds in intensity, becomes something you want to and can articulate. It is your life purpose, or the summary of all life purposes you embody at that time.

Hopefully you have or you will feel this. When I get triggered to acknowledge or share life purposes, I feel this building up of energy and sense of true self. I share it privately or on social media. I tie it all into the currents of what is happening now.

What are my purposes? Some are simple, some are multi dimensional. The most obvious one is letting love teach me, and lead me. I aim to be a personification of Love in a public and private way. There are more sides to the picture, there is more depth than people may realize, but Love is truly the law in my view.

Within that law are guidelines. There are ways to behave and respond and react and how to project energy and when and with what intentions. There are ways to simply be, allowing others to simply be. I learn this from within my own consciousness/soul. I am taught by the Great Mystery/Spirit/God/Goddess within. I embrace teachings that resonate with my inner truth and experiences. I never stop learning. I work at being humble.

Sometimes humility is still present even when I am owning a powerful version of me. It can seem contradictory but in fact, the humility tempers and compliments the powerful stance. It all depends on how you see power. I work to embody powerful stances by being fully myself, owning what it means to be me, not at all to tell others who to be or what to do. We all have a lot of toxic associations with authority and power due to White Supremacist Patriarchy. We really do.

I see the undoing of that power structure being done in many ways. One way is fully owning who you are and taking up the space you need without getting in anyone else's way to do the same. If that were really happening more, huge transformation would happen. We simply do not have much practice doing this in peaceful, effective ways.

In fact, power and peace are often not thought of as compatible because we have not seen the two stances modeled together in an authentic and lasting way. It is not just idealistic to think that this can happen. We need it to happen to make the changes needed to ensure the species will continue.

In all honesty, sometimes I think Earth would be better off without us. I admit my cynical feelings are very strong in some moments. Then, I get on board with the hope and truth that we will have a new world that we are creating and that is for sure possible. I am inspired by others all the time, whose hope and optimism can very well surpass my own. I know we can do what we need to do. Let your purposes guide you. Search for meaning and possibility. I will be right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment