Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Lifting the clouds

for Flora Kiebert--

If I could whisper into your ear
I would hardly know where to start
I'd say I don't know how or why
but I understand your sadness
I'd ask about your existential crisis moments
so we could compare
I'd thank you for your humor
and the compassion
if only it could have soothed the anxiety
or lessened other symptoms you faced
If I could send whispers to your 
heart and mind
which created a salve that 
could erase that unique suffering
I would do so in an instant
I would wipe away your worries
I would soften all that prematurely 
hardened you
so you could live in a softer, more gentle 
and protected existence
all the shame and mystery around
mental illness would lift
like clouds that have somewhere else to be
I would see all the limitations that shackled you
silently
and use my private powers 
to set you fully free

No comments:

Post a Comment