Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Identity: A Transition and A Transformation

1. A Transition
I have been around, in this incarnation, for about 37 years. For most of my life, I have been building a strong, articulate, fierce and compassionate identity as an Activist.

Activists are known to keep a fist in the air, a battle ready persona and their urgent debate skills sharp.
Much of what fuels the journey of activism is the energy of anger.

We feel our anger is righteous and are quick to defend ourselves and distinguish ourselves from the myriads of people lining up to be angry over endless different causes and circumstances. I am describing this, but not assigning any moral judgment to the characters involved.
Each person has their reasons for channeling anger through the many kinds of activism available to us.

Some get arrested, some march in the streets and chant loudly, some partake in property damage, some run for office, some vote and insist we all must vote or nothing will change, some write letters to representatives, some go door to door building membership and collecting petition signatures, some write and execute passionate speeches and so on, the list continues.

I have participated in many of the ways I have listed and every so often, there is a win, there is a success and we milk it for all it is worth. Deep down, I knew, at every turn, as I engaged my whole self in these Activist methods, that I felt powerless on the political level, isolated and that I was possibly leading to more divisions among us, rather than relaying what was really on my mind.
I began to feel my interest wane over time, when political problems arose as just themselves, "political" "problems".

I began to feel convinced that, while Activism addressed so many areas of dysfunction I cared about, the solutions lay in a more subtle approach, at least, for me. I attended massage therapy schools, and learned some acupressure, Reiki and reflexology.

I attained a license to practice bodywork and spent some time doing that. It felt better to me,
at that time, than activism had been feeling. I was learning about the body, about relaxation and certain kinds of healing that felt useful and relevant.

I got great feedback from clients. Clearly, my hands could have a positive conversation with a person's body and there was that wonderful sense of accomplishment when they got off the table at the end of the session and felt so much better after the work I did to help them! Still, something was missing.

2. A Transformation

It began to occur to me, I need to work on subtle energy levels with people. This is an art that required fine tuning of the senses, and consistent development of what I would eventually and openly call my clairaudient and clairsentient abilities. I began to have dreams that I would analyze while awake which gave me a sense of initiation.

One carry over feeling from Activism was a strong dislike for elitism, and a huge commitment to standing on the side of justice and those who are marginalized for whatever reason.
It was for this reason I could not simply see myself building a clientele of very privileged people who have many choices and great access to health care. So, body work was just a place holder for what would come next.

I have been developing sessions for people that can improve the quality of their lives. In order to stay true to my values, I only accept trade as payment, not money. A comparable trade would be a yoga session for one of my trademark shamanic dream work sessions. Or, I could get a haircut for a session. These are just a couple possible ideas.

I have a lot of reasons for being a trade only practitioner, and one is that this makes my work more accessible and not a luxury. I know that the sessions I give can create positive change for clients, with their permission and participation. Eventually, I will probably offer folks trainings in the modality of "Restorative Shamanic Dream Work" and perhaps I will charge for that, since it is directly from my work in "Imaya's Modalities", which I founded.

That is much farther down the line, way in the future. These sessions range all over the place in regard to purpose and focus, and will hone in on the most pressing issue for each client. A few ways I differ from those in my "field" is that I empower the client after practicing with them for awhile to contact the assistance themselves, once Spirit shows me they are ready to do so.

Another difference from what I do and what is done out there in the name of psychic work is a kind of trick or game, played by people using the power of suggestion. We have all seen those ploys aimed at getting you feeling insecure. They say something like, "Do you want to know about your love life or your job? Is he or she cheating?" This is a sensationalist ploy to get people unnecessarily worried and ultimately paying someone who will keep them dependent and thinking that the "psychic" is the only one who can tap into the truths and mysteries surrounding life.

It is ethically imperative that a practitioner does not create a dependency on the services they give or on the practitioner personally, since that will only create more issues for the person and will fail to empower them, since spiritual assistance should foster a stronger sense of self, not a lesser one.
The transformation is underway. I went from skimming surfaces via methods that seek to address injustice and pain to returning to the body and the underlying tensions there.

Now, I am diving much deeper and going higher in a more celestial, faith building, liberating, subtle energetic fashion to create change that does not attach itself to an election cycle, or political platform or candidate. I do not subscribe to one type of religion or one type of political party.

I am sailing above, and watching the energy of crowds move so predictably, or I might be moving undetected in deep violet flowing waters. I release myself from the confines of the paths laid out for me. I forge ahead blazing trails, asking questions, escaping a million kinds of persecution, paving way for the most fierce of all kinds of compassion, conjuring trust and knowing and love and love and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment