Sunday, April 3, 2016

what we want to recognize

the inside of the deepest secret
was on the tip of your tongue
we remember so little of when
we were so young
feeling so much older and
so much bolder than
what became
the essence of truth
I found my way here
there is no fountain of youth

I left the temple to find a
refuge
I left the refuge to seek the truth
I fell for so many
who never even noticed
I loved so many who never
even believed I could have what I
have now
but the story began to work out
in the most comforting way
and for the biggest price
you expect you will not pay

thank the stars
and the middle of the earth
for that voyage
you take me out of context
I put myself right back in
she took the trust
ripped in out into pieces
now she sees those broken pieces
now she knows that hopeless place
while all others try to tell her
to forget all who came before
and all the ones who run themselves
ragged trying to fit into the
rat race, the master schedule
but problems inevitably arise
no one can tell when
they are supposed to stop
or start without that arbitrary
excellence
that they call from within themselves

the gods are nothing
without those who worship them
the people are nothing
without worship as energy source
and she is left wondering
whether the gods are real
or this life is real
or anything that is pulled into question
into reality
is the ultimate of what we want to
recognize
she had so many people show interest
but she found herself inside a glass bubble
of isolation
which of course she created

thank the stars for this voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment