Friday, May 22, 2015

Holy Wood

Justified

anger like spider flames
shoot out in all directions

hope like an animal crawling back inside
the original cave
the original constellation
to be pointed at
by admiring fingers
by the reverent thought that lingers
devotions written into songs by singers

my bones created a frame
for me to live out the karmic acts
debts paid, emotions flayed
out in all directions
spider flames
licking up the sides of each predator on the prowl

look how I use this towel

cleaning up a mess with no beginning
but pray here
about what was preyed upon
don't lose yourself in the similar spelling of the two words
just one letter different
but meanings seem to reverberate off of the
warrior battle cry
emitted by her solar plexus when she walks in the room

take a look at these chakras
before I ascend to a different page
within clouds of smoke from sage

and palo santo

some may be scared of a lot though
I have less and less fear
until when it matters I know how to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment