Saturday, November 29, 2014

throwback piece from 2000, "landing"

so you say you like your coffee sweet?
complacency adds sugar to your morning treat
our pillow talk is full of gaps
into silence we seem to lapse
locked into dread,
images of smoke swirl through my head
your world so privately contained
your movements leave my heart stained
something unintentionally remained
I have yet to hear you complain
my words fall soft into your space
gentle as rain
into broken pieces rearranged
a misunderstanding sure, but soon
I will be landing
with laughter I am recalling
slowing down and stalling
words are weak and humor falls flat
if I called you would you call me back?
a sore spot I am not so sure of that
but soon I will be landing
there will be no more misunderstanding

No comments:

Post a Comment