Friday, June 16, 2017

the end of the archives for now

as I see it, I have poured a whole lot of breath into this blog

I have 2 short pieces. one is the piece I first read at Café International. the host was Ramu Aki. he was known for his colorful attire and commanding presence.

De donde eres? ------------

where does the poetry come from

reside originate begin in my body

not necessarily from my head or heart. probably

my fingers or lower back
ancient as blood as rivers of truth

running red and deep through our veins

poetry has a pulse, it is a living breathing entity

which allows me to be a vessel for its power

it is the way the ancestors speak to all of us

so listen carefully for their whispers
their laughter
their warnings

------------------------

Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a good girl this year. It's all relative though, isn't it?
We are not so different you and I. We are jolly and generous.

You are a Sagittarius, maybe? I have a Sagittarius rising.

About my gifts, perhaps a laptop would be the best way to go.
College practically requires I have one.

It has been good working with you. Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

You know where to find me.

Yours truly, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment