Thursday, December 10, 2015

pay respects

I am
speaking into the spaces
u left wide open with your holy stare

the moments collide drifting out from silence

judgment ceases when I am gripped by the greater truth
you have made an impression but that doesn't mean much

since I am
always in awe of something

and should there be some formal release
of this relationship? if not in a poem
then where when or how do I pay respects

to that which was my sole comfort or addiction as it were,

and the constant stream is still flowing, still there
pouring from my wrists
and you glide into distraction position

I am
writing to the eternal omnipotent you
the ego pressing itself insistently into my thoughts
like someone's body on a too crowded bus

my heart my art my soul my dreams are lacking

but I am caught up in you momentarily and everything is just a letter
as in letters making up words
so my letters are molecules and space expanding

I am
letters to you on that personal, most intimate level
holding us to higher standards than we can achieve
but we might exceed them
if not now then in a dream beyond the constructs of time
some of this has damaged me but I never take damage seriously

presently

I am
waiting and the God search has the Goddess erupting
in fits of laughter
inside

I am
planning to become much more impressive soon
that last me you just met was a personality in preparation
of what is to come

I am
holding back rivers of observation as I half listen to you speak
What you reveal is heard
I read between lines of improvised scripts

and notice the planet start to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment