Wednesday, November 6, 2013

downpour

you wanted to tell someone you love them
to hear the sound to feel the feeling of the words falling from your lips
but you could not comprehend my hips
you wanted to tell someone you miss them you care about them
to hear the sound of the pretty words reverberate off the warmth of another body
and come back to you, yes you want the warmth to come back to you
but the reflection of empty words holds no heat
just like the promises spoken by lips coated with deception and dormant fears hidden by practiced smiles, it took awhile but now I am seeing true colors
irridescant incandescent what's the lesson
you are no less beautiful after you cause pain
and nothing can stop a torrential rain, the downpour of what's in store since after I left you
I have grown accustomed to doing what I always wanted to do
and it's been hours or weeks or minutes I can't remember It must have been November
since that is the month life always hits with the hardest news got me singing the blues
if only I could without forgetting the subtext and what the hell comes next
forgetting parts of self and replacing them with clearly articulated themes and dreams and perfection
is a state of mind or an illusion or an elusive trick played by masters of circumstance they ask you to dance until you want to tell someone you love them to hear the words falling from those notorious lips

No comments:

Post a Comment