Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I AM

(from January 2008)
I am
speaking to the spaces
you left wide open
with your holy stare
the moments collide
drifting out from pendulous silence
judgments cease when I am gripped by that Greater Truth
you have made an impression
but that doesn't mean much since I am
almost always in awe of something
and should there be some formal release of a five year relationship
if not in a poem then where, when and how do I pay respects to that which was my sole comfort or addiction as it were
and the constant stream flowing is still there
pouring from my wrists
and you glide into distraction position
I am writing to the eternal omnipotent you
the ego pressing itself insistently into these thoughts
like someone's body on a too crowded bus
my heart, my art, my soul, my dreams are lacking
but I am truly caught up in you, momentarily
and everything is just a letter
as in letters making up words
so my letters are molecules
and space expanding
I AM
letters to you on that personal most intimate level
holding you and myself to higher standards than would ever be possible to reach
but in reaching those high standards
we might well exceed them
if not now, then in a dream
beyond the constructs of time
your listless power, holding my wrists down
when they want to speak has damaged me
but I never take damage seriously
presently I AM
in that process of waiting
the eternal God search has the goddess erupting in fits of laughter inside
I AM presently preoccupied
planning to become much more impressive very soon
that last ME you met was just a personality in preparation for what is to come
I AM
holding back rivers of observation as I hear you speak
what you reveal does not fall on deaf ears
I see and hear un intended revelations
I read between lines of un rehearsed script
and notice the planet start to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment