Monday, January 23, 2012

Building Self Love. Dialogue. Female 1 and 2

Female 1: Men tell me, "Look at you" and I don't see it. I do not understand. Friends tell me, "Look at you" and I am confused.

Female 2: They are complimenting you. You are supposed to understand your own beauty. You are supposed to be confident. They assume you are.

F 1: How is that supposed to happen when the pressure to measure up to some unattainable standard of beauty rips me apart? The mirror is not my friend.

F 2: It can be. It will be. You must transform the way you see, and that will change how you feel

F 1: How do I do that?

F 2: You start by eliminating influences in your life, such as many kinds of media, that promote ridiculous standards of beauty. Maybe you create some visual art that shows women of all kinds, shapes, sizes, races, ages, feeling strong, healthy, peaceful and radiant. You honor your body for what it does for you and how it responds to good food and gets energy. It is a complex map of systems that helps you function. It is a home for your spirit. Your worth is not determined by the appearance of physical self. You get in touch with this truth, over time, in many different ways.

F 1: That will take real effort, and yes, I know it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment